Johnny Torrance-Nesbitt, MBA, EB Leader & Team Lead of Talent Attraction, SEC AND Award-winning Nominee for 2019 and 2018 –Global Employer Brand Leader of the Year
Enhancing your Employer Brand should always be the goal (for many reasons). We submit that the next wave is using technology tools in your Employer Branding work to develop your pool of “fanatics” who get the message and power of your brand.
Think of it this way. Your Employer Branding platform is your “Factory Floor”; the “Assembly line”, as it were, is your: EVP coupled with your people strategy internal programs, candidate experience model and (relentless) external attraction efforts, etc; and your “Ceiling” is the technology tools you need to employ to advance your overall Employer Brand—to the next level and next wave!
These technologies tools can be organized as follows (a partial listing)
On-site Video Services
- Indeed Reviews
- FairyGodBoss (company reviews for women)
- Ratedly (aggregates reviews)
Employee Advocacy Tools
- LinkedIn Elevate
- Sociabble (communications, advocacy, social selling)
- Dynamic Signal (employee content and communication)
- Everyone Social
- Bambu (from SproutSocial)
- ViziRecruiter (visual job pages)
- TMP Advanced Job Descriptions
- NextWave Hire (talent communities, microsites)
- Clinch Talent (CRM – career sites)
- Ruutly (visual job descriptions)
- CareerSiteCloud (career site and analytics)
- Job Page Grader (see how your posting ranks)
Candidate Experience Tools
- Great Hires (interview experience tool)
- HelloHire (candidate experience audit)
- Survale (candidate survey tool)
- Rejobify (rejection email templates)
- Canvas (text interviewing chatbot)
- GoHire (chatbot)
- AllyO (virtual recruiter technology)
- HelloBar (multi-use marketing bar)
- JobFairing (event promotion)
- EmployerBrand Index
- Canva (image creation)
- Rev.com (transcription services for podcasts)
And here are a few more tools you can acquire and use to also aid your Employer Brand: Dynamic Signal, PathMotion and the Employer Brand Index. For example, Dynamic Signal can drive business growth by developing a workforce that is connected, engaged, and activated. PathMotion (is an artificially intelligent candidate experience platform) that enable your employees to share stories and engage directly with prospective candidates via online. And, on the measurement side, there is the Employer Brand Index which is a measurement tool which measures everything candidates, employees, and alumni are saying about your company online and analyzes everything to give you an objective understanding of your external reputation as an employer. Furthermore, assign an employee survey “opinion” project to the Learning & Development or Communications Department—allowing adequate time for all participants to respond and avoiding conducting the survey during peak business periods. Then match up and compare those results with your EVP/Employer Brand focus group results. There a tons of employee opinion surveys tools to purchase on the open market or just simply leave it to your inside professionals.
Finally, don’t forget that Job Boards can also provide a platform for Branding and “Employer Branding” your company. On Monster (the Company Profile Page) and Indeed (the Why Join Us Page), you can explicitly talk about and list your EVP and Employer Brand Program in the Company Profile Section; perhaps, develop and publish a Video explaining your Employer Brand and EVP. In fact, why not do the same thing on your Glassdoor Overview Page.
Technology is evolving rapidly and is now poised to lead in Employer Branding much the way Marketing currently does. In sum, then, today’s Employer Branding practitioners and devotees should take advantage of new technologies to improve and monitor their Company’s Employer Brand. These tools can help expand and authenticate your Employer Brand.