As a leading jobs board for the legal industry in the UK, we need to know what factors interest our jobseekers. We conducted surveys of visitors to our website to find out why they are looking for a new job, and what the most important factor was when deciding where to apply.
Their responses show us that it’s not all about the money.
183 active jobseekers were asked the following questions:
- What’s your motivation for looking for a new job?
- What’s the most important factor when looking for a new job?
- How often do you search a new job online?
The results are as follows:
When asked what the reason was for looking for a new job:
- 34% of jobseekers said that they were looking for a new challenge.
This was a little way ahead of the next most popular motivation which was ‘better salary’, chosen by 23% of respondents.
- When asked ‘What’s most important to you when looking for a new job?’
- 38% said that salary was the most important factor for them.
- Nearly half of jobseekers search online for jobs every day
CEO of Simply Law Jobs Ian Partington said:
“This information gives a valuable insight into the jobseeker’s mind, providing recruiters with the opportunity to better understand what candidates are looking for in a new role. As a leading jobs board for the legal sector, we make it our aim to understand what jobseekers value for their career. We hope the research we’re doing can be used to a company’s advantage in retaining and recruiting excellent candidates.”